Quote of the Moment

"HADOUUUKEN."
-Ryu

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What More Can I Say?

Wow...these past few weeks have been beyond amazing to say the very least. As a matter of fact, the past month has been a blast. Sure it had a few rough moments, but as always God gets you through your bad moments, and oddly enough makes em great moments.

The awesomeness began a few days before the month began with NewSpring's Live Free, Live Loud event. This was my first time going to one of those, and I had to make a sacrifice to go. As many of you know, I'm in the professional wrestling business and I usually ring announce for MAXW and sometimes run camera for Alternative Pro Wrestling aswell as NWA Anarchy. Well, since last November, I can honestly say that my heart wasnt in it anymore. For a few shows, I pretty much forced myself to go, but wasnt having any fun with it. I think the main reason it bugged me is because in one organization, there are too many egos. Especially one person with an ego who shouldnt even have one because well...he sucks. And thats the bottom line. But that man just kept getting on my last friggen nerve, wanting me to make him posters, dvds and what not that nobody is gonna buy except for his wife and kids. Basically, a waste of my time. But yeah, that upon other things officially got me burnt out with the wrestling business. Dont get me wrong, I still love wrestling and still plan on opening my own organization sooner or later. But right now, I just needed to take a break. And God gave me that opportunity the weekend of June 28th when I had a decision to make. Either go be bored out of my mind ring announcing for what would be the last MAXW event, or go to Live Free, Live Loud. Obviously I prayed on this decision among other decisions, and of course...I went to Live Free, Live Loud and I must say that I had an AMAZING time. Without a doubt one of the best concerts I've been too. Next year, I highly recommend all of you to go check it out.

Now...onto what was probably one of the greatest life changing weeks of my ENTIRE life. Two weeks ago, I had the privilege to go to an event that NewSpring has with our youth known as The Gauntlet 2k8. And I have to say, it was without a shadow of a doubt, the GREATEST WEEK OF MY LIFE! I got to go with the Middle Schoolers, but unfortunatly was unable to go with the High Schoolers. But you best believe, never year I'm going both weeks. And those that are members of NewSpring and have never been to the Gauntlet, I highly recommend that you go. Being there with these kids opens up your eyes to ALOT. These kids are the FUTURE of this world. Like Perry Noble said, if you think the youth of today are pitiful and pathetic YOU ARE AN IDIOT!! The youth of today are hungry. As a matter of fact, no. They are STARVIN to hear not only God's word, BUT THE TRUTH! THESE KIDS HAVE BEEN LIED TO FOR SOOOO FRIGGEN LONG! As a matter of fact, not just these kids, but WE have been lied to for so long by these corporate churches. These denominations giving out nothing but rules instead of love to these kids. Heck, I look back at the times when I was apart of a Baptist church and see that I've been bamboozled for sooo many years. Dont get me wrong, I dont regret them times at all though. When I look at it, looking back at those times to where I'm at now spiritually, it helped me grow. But its sad to see alot of these kids going through the same thing that me and my friends did when we were their age. All we as the people want to know is the truth. We dont care about no dang business meetings. We could care less about what color toilet paper you have in the bathroom. Could care less about what kinda seats to use. Dont even mention no elections because the pulpit is NOT the place to discus your political views. And we're SICK AND TIRED of hearing the exact same stuff over and over again. This is why I LOVE NewSpring so much. The agenda of NewSpring is to spread the truth to the youth, and to bring you God's word the way it was ment to be. Basically, we're here to do God's work. And I can honestly say that at the Gauntlet 2k8, God's work without a shadow of a doubt was done. God touched the lives of the kids, aswell as all of us leaders. It was just BEYOND amazing.

One thing I definetly wanna talk about is one of the kids that was in my group by the name of Jordan Grindstaff. When I first met this kid on Monday afternoon for some odd reason, he seemed special to me. I had 7 other kids aswell as him in my room, 2 who I knew, and 5 who I just met for the first time. But Jordan just seemed like someone I should keep my eye on. Didnt know why til later on in that week. That Tuesday night, we had an amazing message brought to us and it touched every single one of the kids, but it seemed to confuse Jordan. That night I had a long talk with him and he was telling me how he almost didnt believe in God period. He believed in the Evolution theory and all of that other stuff(I gotta say this real quick for those that do believe in Evolution. Why do you? I mean, The Bible has been the same from the beginning and its gonna be the same until the end. Evolution has been talked about for years, and if its supposed to be real, why is it still a dang THEORY? Its nowhere near a fact. Just a little somethin to think about. ^_^). But he really wanted to know what was up with this God stuff. So God laid it on my heart to talk to this kid. And needless to say, we talked for a looong time. So long that the rest of the kids were almost able to destroy the living room. lol But thats alright though because it was well worth it. The next morning, I talked to some of the other leaders while we were getting our coffee, and I just begged them to pray for him. And we all prayed for this kid. That exact same night, Wednesday July 16th, 2008 will forever be a moment that I will never forget as long as I live. Perry brought another message and I know for a fact that God talked to Jordan the ENTIRE message. That night, Jordan accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. Needless to say, I was the happiest man in that entire BUILDING. Heck, I was the happiest man in the world at that moment. And the next day, Thursday July 17th, Jordan followed Christ in Baptism along with 102 other people. It was beyond amazing to say the very least. The video of Jordan getting Baptized is on my facebook page as we speak, so if you wanna check it out, def do that.

The rest of the week was CRAZY though. I never thought I'd be able to have the opportunity to be apart of wild games like we had that week though. I almost lost my voice on the first day, but it hung on. Second day, voice was sayin "Asta La Vista". Third day it was strugglin by a thread. Fourth and last day...FLATLINED! My voice was officially dead after the Final Gauntlet. But I can honestly say it was WELL worth it with my peoples WINNIN! THATS RIGHT, ITS ALL ABOUT THE REEEEED SQUAAAAAAD! And who would think that the High School week, Red Squad would win AGAIN! Holla atcha boi, we wasnt playin. So you best believe tomorrow night at FUSE*, we are gonna just glooooat, gloat gloat gloat gloat. Gotta represent though. But we all know that the true winner of the week was our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. It was the greatest weeks of my life. If you want to read more about The Gauntlet and get other views on it, I def recommend that you check out Perry Noble's blog at http://www.perrynoble.com aswell as Brad Coopers blog at http://www.bradcooper.us/.
Well, if you thought that those 2 weeks would be the end of it...THEN YOU THOUGHT WRONG! Thats right, FUSE* makes its RETURN tomorrow night, and to say that I'm excited about it is a DEEP understatement. Its going to be emotional though as this will be the last week for our Seniors(those that just graduated from High School a few months ago). Its gonna be hard to see them go, but hopefully there will be alot of them that decide to stick around and help volunteer with us. I'd be more than happy to have one of them seniors start volunteering with me, and have them be able to lead the next generation of the Just Us League. Its also decision making time as those of us that are leaders now are about to get ready to decide whether to stick with the grade that we are at and lead those that are moving up into our grade, or to stick with our students and move up with them. All I can do is definetly ask God what he wants me and the rest of us to do, and we'll just do what he says.

All in all, God has been working LOTS of miracles and giving us many blessings knowing that none of us deserve a single one. God is an amazing father and I love him with all of my heart. And he already spoke to me saying that if I thought this month was amazing, just look forward to the rest of your life. Next month I can already tell is going to be beyond amazing. Like I said FUSE* is about to be off the charts, a bunch of new Arcade games are about to drop on XBox Live, and a very special friend of mine comes home on the 16th. Needless to say, I CANT WAIT!

So yeah, what more can I say? Until next time, I'm out. God bless and I'll holla at ya later. Peace!