Quote of the Moment

"HADOUUUKEN."
-Ryu

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Breaking Away From Financial Bondage....

Well, for those of you that know me well, you all know that I have always been the type of person that....well, when I want something....I get it. By any means necessary. Well, for the past few years, I've been doing just that. If I want something, I'mma get it. And within these past few years, I've been doing it a very bad way. And thats with credit cards. And needless to say, I am in some SERIOUSLY bad debt. And each time I keep making a payment on a card, I'd buy something else and then keep on doing that until I've gotten myself into sooo much friggen debt, that I thought it was impossible to get out of that debt....until tonight.

Tonight at church helped me realize one thing. I maybe in debt, but there is one way and one way ONLY that I can get out of debt. And thats to put my faith in God...and not my money. Sure, I'm not getting much money and in my eyes, its definetly not enough to pay off these credit cards anytime soon. But it is enough in God's eyes, and to be perfectly honest, God has MUCH better vision than I ever will. So at this very moment, I fully handed my entire debt situation to him. And tonight I made a new beginning. As of this very moment...I dont have a credit card to my name. I had already chopped up 2 of my credit cards before the year began. But there was one credit card that I kept just incase I needed it for emergencies. Or if a friend needed something. And unfortunatly, while helping a few other people, not knowing it I've been hurting myself. It seemed like a good thing, but I've been putting myself further and further in debt. And thats honestly something that I dont need to be doing. My friends know that I've tried to help them for a long time, and they've always told me that I dont need to do it. But you all know how I am. *shrugs* So unfortunatly, I gotta put that kinda stuff on hold. Dont get me wrong, if you're one of my true friends and still need help with anything, let me know and I'll always have your back. But for now when it comes to buying stuff....I have to put it on hold for a while.

So as of this moment, my main agenda is to get fully out of debt. God put into Joe Sangl's mind to give us a way to budget our money month by month, and I will be following that process. I will no longer spend what I dont have because that will do nothing but hurt me. If you would like to learn how to budget your money aswell, I highly recommend going to http://www.josephsangl.com/ and learn all about managing your finances. They will also be holding a class this weekend at New Spring Church in Anderson, SC if you'd like to be apart of it. Just go to http://www.newspring.cc to learn more about this amazing opprotunity. I unfortunatly wont be able to make it because I have to work early Saturday morning....atleast at the moment anyway. Something happened at work today where well...I dont know if I'll have a job after tomorrow morning. But we'll see what happens. Whatever God's will may be, I know it'll work out for the best. If he wants me to stay at Best Buy, then I'll stay there. If he wants me to leave, I'll leave. I just leave it all in his hands and whatever happens, happens. I'm not even concerned with it. Regardless...IT'S ALL GOOD PIMPIN! ^_^ But yeah, if something happens tomorrow where I dont have to work on Saturday morning, then I'll definetly be at the class. We'll just have to wait and see.

But anyway, I just want to thank God for all that he has done for me and bringing out Joe Sangl to New Spring tonight to talk to us. Our God is soooo friggen amazing and there is no way that I can ever repay him for all that he's done for each and every single one of us. Much love goes out to our Lord and Savior.